It’s only the second day of the new year and calendars are already filling up! Remember, social media is about being social, so add these events to your calendars too and we’ll see you there!
- KITV4′s Yasmin Dar will be interviewing one of the leaders of the new media industry, author and principal at Altimeter, Brian Solis during her Social Wire segment. Tune in on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 6am to learn more about Brian’s new book, The End of Business as Usual and industry insights for 2012.
- On Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 5pm Brian will be a news guest on Hawaii’s leading technology radio shows, Bytemarks Cafe. He’ll chat with hosts Burt Lum and Ryan Ozawa before heading off to…
- A Social Gathering for talk story and book signing with local social and new media leaders and enthusiasts from 5:30pm – 7:30pm at Tiki’s Grill & Bar.
- Join Kanu Hawaii for Forces of Good Symposium on Saturday, January 7, 2012 from 1pm – 5pm at the State Capitol.
- The Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii is hosting their annual New Years Ohana Festival on Sunday, January 8, 2012 from 10am – 4pm. Food, family, and fun all to celebrate culture.
- One of my students last semester was Susan Nakamura, Director of Marketing and Communications for YMCA Honolulu. Their Central location is hosting their annual open house and tweet up on Saturday, January 14, 2012 from 11am – 1pm. Space is limited, so please RSVP. Unfortunately, I’ll be in California, so I want to read all about it through tweets and timelines!
- On January 26, 2012 I’ll be attending my first lunch with the Hawaii Society of Business Professionals. Join me?
- Need to get hands on with Facebook? I’ll be teaching a class on Saturday, January 28, 2012 from 9am – 12pm at UH Manoa in Room 302 of Kuykendahl Hall. Registrationrequired and cost is $50.
- For years, Burt has organized a Bytemarks Lunch usually at the end of the month. Get on his email list to find out the details.
Looking for events on Kauai? Connect with Linda Sherman of Kauai Marketing. Looking for events on Maui? Contact Liza Pierce of A Maui Blog or Peter Liu of Kai Scapes. Looking for events on the island of Hawaii? Follow @CTarleton @KeolaDonaghy and @KrisBordessa on Twitter, they’re always doing something social and fun. Do you have an event to list? Send me an email.